Lego Club Game Leader Teen Volunteer, 16-18 years old
Lego Club Game Leader
The Tierrasanta Library is looking for a teen volunteer to help children develop their creativity and fine motor skills by leading the monthly Lego Club.
Availability: 3rd Friday of the Month, 3 pm-5 pm.
Time Commitment: 1 year
- Distribute LEGO bricks to participants.
- Supervise and assist with their building skill development.
- With library staff, set guidelines for participants.
- Dismantle creations before each new session.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment for all participants.
- Students Aged: 16-18
- Must work well with children.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population.
- Background check required for 18+ volunteers.
- Annual Training, Site Orientation and Participation Agreement.
- In person volunteers are required to follow Vaccination Policy. Supervisors will provide updated information.
4985 La Cuenta Dr., San Diego, CA 92124
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
· The City of San Diego is requiring all volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 1, 2021.
· Volunteer candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with City policy. “Fully vaccinated” means a person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. Acceptable COVID-19 vaccines must either be approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or authorized for emergency use by the FDA or the World Health Organization.
· Volunteer candidates who are selected for a volunteer opportunity will be required to provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
· Volunteers with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer and wish to make a request for accommodation will be provided with more information. The City will review requests for medical or religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. A candidate’s start date may be adjusted to allow for the accommodation process.