Grants & Contracts Internship-2 Paid
Internship Title: Grants & Contracts Internship
Department Name: Transportation and Storm Water
Number of Internships Available: 2
Paid or Unpaid: Paid
Hours: We prefer interns to start around 7 to 8am and be available for 6-8 hours to allow sufficient time for field and/or office work. Nevertheless, we are flexible and will try our best to help you balance your time here with your school schedule.
Date Posted: May 20, 2019
Internship duration: One Year
Internship description: The Grants & Contracts of the City of San Diego Transportation and Storm Water Department is responsible for maintaining contract and maintenance information in number of asset dataset and archives which are used for the Enterprise Asset Management program and SAP. The section also initiates the procurement and maintain the associated data and requirements for existing and new consultant contracts, task orders, construction contracts and suppliers. Management intern positions are filled by students seeking a relevant undergraduate or graduate degree in a geography, geographic information systems, information technology or technology, environmental, engineering or related field of study.
- interns are heavily in the office with data entry and other administrative tasks, using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ArcGIS
- data entry, sort report writing and GIS skills
- problem solving and process documentation
- administrative support tasks related to storm drain monitoring
- compiling and sorting and analyzing data for trends and grouping
- reviewing maps, engineering drawing and other references, archives
- field work involves driving, data collection, inspections, attending meetings, conferences and seminars
Interns must be currently enrolled in an academic program. Please select school name in application. Please personalize your cover letter for the application (there is the capability to post three different letters if you are applying for multiple opportunities). You will need to provide proof of enrollment in an academic program if selected. To expedite the process you may attach proof in your application. Please allow for 6-8 weeks for the City of San Diego intern onboarding process from posting date. If you have not received a response 8 weeks after your application, please contact email@example.com.