Organisation: RESULTS Australia
Roles Available: 5
Role type: Volunteer with some reimbursements available
Time commitment: 1-2 hours a week
About the role:
Join a community of like-minded and passionate people and raise your voice to end global poverty!
Our Core Organising Group Members lead action on global justice issues during critical moments. You will work with other like-minded people to drive campaign actions in communities, engage decision-makers, raise awareness about important issues, and execute creative tactics to build political and public will to end global poverty.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about ending poverty, and committed to taking action to build the public and political will to end poverty;
- Excellent at building relationships and who loves to inspire, develop and motivate others;
- A great verbal and written communicator.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Be part of a community of like-minded people committed to creating change;
- Build meaningful relationships across the country with other volunteers and organisations that will see and impacted by your work;
- Develop advanced knowledge in campaign issues such as global health equity, education and economic opportunity;
- Get hands-on experience in the Australian Parliamentary system by working with MPs and their staff;
- Build key skills in community organising, campaigning and advocacy, and coalition-building.
We know our capacity to create change increases with diversity. We want to ensure everyone's individuality can thrive because you’re at your best when you can be yourself. We encourage applicants with a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.