Patient Liaison for Healthcare Services
Detail-orientated, friendly, and tech-savvy people interested in the healthcare services field and helping patients access care are encouraged to apply for the remote Patient Liaison Volunteer role to support Catholic Charities Healthcare Services. This program caters to the uninsured and underserved population in their behavior, dental, and medical healthcare needs.
The Patient Liaison will serve as a guide to prospective and current patients to help them overcome health disparities due to a lack of access to care. By providing reassurance and information, the Patient Liaison Volunteer will help patients navigate the various healthcare services programs and connect them to other integrated services. We are searching for 1-2 excellent volunteers to fill this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the coordination of care and onboarding of patients
- Brief prospective patients on necessary information as well as serve as a guide
- Serve as a reference for prospective patients/current patients by providing resources and information (site information, registration, treatment services available)
- Ability to process information and perform administrative tasks quickly and thoroughly so patients can access care
- Access to a computer and reliable internet
- Ability to use Zoom, Teams, Phone line, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Willingness to learn and use practice management software e-CW (eClinicalWorks)
Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Healthcare experience
- Customer Service exposure
- Administrative skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
- Take initiative
- Ability to multitask
- Opportunity to further develop customer service skills
- Experience working in healthcare field with an administrative focus
- Training provided - both written guides and videos and presentations
- One-on-one supervision
- Hours flexible
- 5-10 hours per week
- Availability during the workday or early evening, Monday - Friday
- Volunteer will need access to a computer, internet, phone and EHR software
- 6 - 12 month commitment requested
By September 17: Fill in an application
September 8 – September 24: Matching Expectations conversation with Catholic Charities staff.
October 3: Find out if you’ve been selected for the role.
October 15- October 23: Attend virtual Volunteer Orientation and complete screenings.
October 26: Begin volunteering!