Museum Event Makers
Do you enjoy making people feel welcome? Do you love to engage and chat with people, young and old? Are you the host with the most?
Come and join a team of volunteers who help deliver exciting events all year round for families and adults at the RAF Museum. This year the RAF will be celebrating its 100th birthday and we will be joining in the festivities with a programme of great events to engage our audiences of all ages, showcasing our fascinating site, collection and history.
No experience is necessary. You can choose when to volunteer to match your availability, there is no regular weekly commitment.
Example events include:
- Large Model Airshow – 7 and 8 July
- Cosford Food Festival – 21 and 22 July
- Vintage and Handmade Festival – 11 and 12 August
- Spitfire 10K – 2 September
- Outdoor Cinema – 21 and 22 September
The Event Makers events usually take place over the weekend, but we may have some that take place during the week or in the evenings, so there will be something you can get involved with. Help just once or every event, it’s up to you.
- provide a warm welcome and be a friendly face throughout the event
- answer any questions that a visitor might have, and be happy to point them in the right direction if you are unsure of the answer
- act as a marshal during the event – helping on the car parks or inside the event
- help set-up and pack down events
You will be:
- confident in engaging and approaching our visitors
- interested in helping to deliver different types of events
- able to work as a team
- punctual and able to fulfil the commitments you sign up to
- personable, friendly and approachable
- happy to be flexible on the if the need arises during an event.
We will be hosting a training/recruitment selection event on Saturday 24 March at 10am.
Attendance to this is required before volunteering at one of the events.
At this training/recruitment selection event we will cover:
- Introduction to the exciting Events Programme
- Introduction to the RAF Museum and our Volunteering
- Site Health and Safety
- Event Health and Safety
- Visitor Experience standards and expectations
Before each event a briefing meeting takes place, where we provide you with relevant information specific to that event, and a reminder of the expectations.
Commitment and hours:
This varies depending on the type of event. You will find that most events fall on weekends and events typically run from 10am – 5pm, with briefings taking place before we open to the public.
Travel and food expenses will be reimbursed up to £13.50 per day, in line with our policy.
At the training and recruitment selection event, we will be selecting people who demonstrate the following:
- good eye contact
- ability to speak clearly
- general enthusiasm for the events
- a good connection/interaction with others
- good general awareness
- good physical fitness
- awareness of personal space.
How to get involved:
Click the yellow 'Fill in an Application' button on the top right-hand side of this page.
Wednesday 28 February.
We welcome applications from people of all interests, abilities, backgrounds and communities.
To book your place on the Recruitment/Selection day, please log into myvolunteerpage.com, with the login details you have created to apply and sign up and confirm your attendance on the 'Opportunities' tab.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account