Seasonal Event Maker
Seasonal Museum Event Maker
Are you interested in gaining some first-hand events experience in a Museum?
RAF Museum events are back! We can’t wait to see our visitors again and deliver loads of fun activities and events…but to do this we need your help!
Do you enjoy interacting with people? Are you interested in how an event is set up and run? Can you help us create an experience that people will remember for a lifetime?
No experience is necessary – we will give you everything you need. From our adventure mini golf, obstacle courses and Spitfire10K, to family festivals, outdoor cinema and sleepovers; we have a range of different events and activities this year that you can take part in. You can find out more here: https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/whats-going-on/events/
- provide a warm welcome and be a friendly face throughout an event
- answer any questions that a visitor might have, and be happy to point them in the right direction if you are unsure of the answer
- deliver and support the activity with a team of staff and volunteers
- engage with our lovely visitors
- support the Public Events team in the set-up and pack down of activities, if interested
You will be:
- bright, friendly and enthusiastic!
- confident in engaging and approaching our visitors
- able to work as a team
- punctual and able to fulfil the commitments you sign up to
- personable, friendly and approachable
- reliable and trustworthy
- happy to be flexible and carry out a variety of tasks as the need arises during an event
- able to be active and on your feet for long periods of time
Commitment and hours
This role will mainly be a seasonal position within school holidays, concluding at the end of the summer holidays in September. You will be required to commit to a number of days per year, but you can choose which events you are involved with to match your availability.
Travel and food expenses will be reimbursed up to £10.00 per day, in line with our policy. We will also be able to offer you discounted tickets to some of our events, as well as staff discount in our shops and cafés.
How to get involved
What happens next
We will be holding a taster day on Sunday 10 April, from 1.00 – 4.00 pm at our London site. You will need to attend this session to volunteer over the year.
At this recruitment selection event we will cover:
- Introduction to the RAF Museum and our Volunteering
- Introduction to the Events programme
- The different event roles and levels you can sign up to.
- Site Health and Safety including fire and emergency evacuation procedures
- Tour of the site
- Visitor Experience standards and expectations
If selected, you will need to attend a training session on Saturday 16 April depending on your availability. This training day will go through:
- Radio use
- RAF history basics
- Event support, preparation and logistics
- Visitor engagement and behaviours
- Event preparation and logistics
- Event delivery and support
- Event pack down and evaluation
You will also be able to see first-hand one of the activities running live with the Mini Golf.
We welcome applications from people of all interests, abilities, backgrounds and communities.