Op Shop Assistant | Brendale
Exciting Opportunities Await at Our New Brendale Store
We're looking for passionate individuals like you to join the RSPCA Op Shop team! If you have a love for op shopping, fashion, retail, customer service, environmental activism, or helping animals in need, then we want you!
By volunteering at RSPCA Op Shops, you can make a real difference in the lives of animals. Every dollar we raise goes directly towards supporting RSPCA's vital work. As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on the dedication of staff, volunteers, customers, and the community to create a sustainable future. Our op shop teams play a pivotal role in contributing to the success of RSPCA Queensland by generating 20% of our annual income.
Join our community of friendly staff and volunteers who embark on the exciting adventure of op shopping every day. Bring your enthusiasm to one of our RSPCA Qld Op Shop locations and experience the joy of being part of a team that shares your passion.
What to expect:
As a Volunteer Op Shop Assistant, you will engage in a variety of tasks including customer service, point of sale operations, merchandising, sorting, and general op shop duties. The specific responsibilities can be tailored based on your skills, interests, and enthusiasm. By getting involved, you will gain hands-on experience while contributing to a very worthwhile cause.
- Assisting customers in finding the perfect preloved fashion item, unique gift, or other purchases while expressing gratitude for their support of RSPCA.
- Merchandising and presenting op shop stock, including fashion, homewares, and furniture items.
- Accepting donations and thanking donors for their support.
- Sorting, hanging, and tagging stock.
- Handling cash, using EFTPOS machines, and operating cash registers.
- Promoting and informing customers about current RSPCA Qld and Op Shop promotions and events.
- Representing the RSPCA Qld Op Shop team and brand through your dedication to animal welfare and op shopping.
Skills and Characteristics Needed:
- Friendly, positive, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow directions
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift up to 10kg
When can I volunteer?
The successful applicant will be required to commit to at least one shift per week for a minimum of 3 months.
Volunteer shifts are available 7 days per week. We are particularly seeking help on Wednesday and Thursday, as well as Friday, Saturday and Sundays at our Brendale Op Shop.
Available shifts include 9am - 1pm, 10am - 2pm, 12pm - 4pm and 9am - 4pm.
Full training will be provided to ensure you feel confident in your role.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account