Education Administration Assistant | Wacol
What to expect
This rewarding role will suit applicants who are passionate about animal welfare and education, and who have excellent administration skills. As part of the Community Outreach & Education team, you will provide administrative support to the Education team and the Education Campus Programs. There will be opportunities in delivering education lessons to children of various ages for those interested.
What are the benefits?
- The personal satisfaction of giving an animal a second chance and helping them to find their ‘furever’ homes
- Opportunity to gain an insight into the busy Animal Experience department
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing administration skills
- Becoming part of a dedicated team who makes a difference in the lives of animals every day.
What are the tasks?
- Provide administrative support to the Community Outreach and Education Team, including;
- maintaining the booking system, including performing online and telephone enrolments and payments;
- making outbound calls to schools, early learning centres and other educational institutions; manage database including updating and storing of documents;
- organise invoice (payment and creation)
- completion of standard reports into databases, itineraries, calendars, Excel and Word spreadsheets;
- ensuring there is appropriate office stock, supplies and equipment to deliver education services;
- Assist in the coordination of onsite tours, visits and other education programs
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely public program advertisements, including monitoring and updating the website information
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including experience in MS packages, creation and management of databases and scheduling events and related travel
- Great time management skills
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Methodical and precise in your approach to tasks with good attention to detail
- Be physically fit (able to lift 10kg)
When can I volunteer?
- Shifts are available Monday to Friday, during business hours
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months.
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact the Volunteering Team on 3426 9903 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the application above.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account