Administration Assistant & Receptionist | Cairns
What to expect
If you are a friendly, welcoming, outgoing person who is passionate about supporting the RSPCA in finding animals their ‘forever’ homes, this rewarding volunteer position could be for you. As a Volunteer Administration Assistant, you are the ‘face’ of RSPCA, the first person people see when they visit the shelter. In this role, you are responsible for coordinating our very busy reception desk at the shelter; tasks include meeting and greeting customers, assisting with data entry, answering enquiries in person and by phone or email, typing in correspondence and other general office administration tasks.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain knowledge of the how the RSPCA operates.
- Gain experience with various administrative duties and further develop customer service skills.
- Working in a friendly team and meeting new people
- The opportunity to make a huge difference in your local community
- Knowledge of RSPCA, and learning how to interact with all our animals.
What are the tasks?
- Greeting customers on arrival to the shelter
- Answering with general and adoption enquiries
- Answering incoming phone calls
- Assisting with data entry
- Responding to emails and typing correspondence
- General office administration tasks
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and data entry
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Reliable and committed
- Friendly and welcoming nature
- Excellent attention to detail, and able to multi task
When can I volunteer?
- Monday to Sunday, 9am – 12:30pm and 12:30pm - 4pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1hr x shift per week for a minimum of 3 months to ensure consistency and continuity with the animals.
- Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Cairns Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 4055 1487 or email@example.com, or fill in the application above.