Gardener & Handyman | Cairns
What to expect
This rewarding volunteer role would suit applicants that wish to spend their spare time giving back to the local community and who enjoy being outdoors.
The role can vary in the type of work required. Jobs can include anything from general maintenance around the centre to working in the grounds doing mowing, whipper snipping, watering to keep our grounds looking good.
What are the benefits?
- Gain an understanding of a well-respected charity and be able to share this knowledge with others in order to help animals, enlighten people and change lives.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Gardening, handyperson or maintenance experience. When applying please highlight what part of the role you are interested in doing.
- Reliable, punctual, organised and professional.
- Able to work as a team member and individually.
- Need to be physically fit with the ability to lift 10kg when required.
When can I volunteer?
- This is a flexible role, Monday – Sunday 8.30am - 5pm.
- We ask for a weekly commitment of one shift a week for a minimum of 3 months.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Cairns Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 4055 1487 or email@example.com, or click "Fill in an application" above.