Community Crew - Canelands | Mackay
What to expect
This rewarding role would suit volunteers who enjoy engaging with members of the community and promoting the programs and services that RSPCA Qld provides in the community. It involves setting up and managing a stall at the local Canelands Shopping Centre. As part of this role, you’ll be promoting and collecting donations, promoting animals available for adoption, and engaging in conversation with members of the community to talk about how they can support the work that RSPCA does.
What are the benefits?
- Helping to raise awareness of the services that RSPCA provides in the community
- Raising funds to help animals in need
- Promote animals available for adoption
- Be part of the Community Crew team
What are the tasks?
- Represent RSPCA Qld in the community and share your passion for animal welfare
- Represent RSPCA Qld in the community
- Encouraging and promoting donations
- Monitor animals at the set up available for adoption
- Promoting and assisting with the adoption of animals (we will have cats/kittens available to take to the shopping centre for display/adoption regularly)
- Be responsible for setting up and maintaining a tidy area
- Answering enquiries on a range of topics (e.g. volunteering, fostering, adoptions, RSPCA services)
- Promoting responsible pet ownership and higher welfare practices
- Picking up and returning animals to the Animal Care Centre, as required
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Be friendly, positive and enthusiastic
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Confidence in answering questions from members of the public
- Good understanding of RSPCA’s mission and stance on animal welfare issues
When can I volunteer?
Shifts are available Monday - Sunday, 10am - 2pm. We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to a weekly shift for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
For further information, please contact our Mackay Volunteer Program Support Team on email@example.com, or click 'Fill in an Application" button above to register your interest in this role.