Op Shop Assistant | Underwood
If you have a passion for op shopping, fashion, retail, customer service, being an environmental warrior or helping animals in need, the RSPCA Op Shop team want you!
RSPCA Op Shops make a real difference, with all store proceeds going straight back to helping RSPCA animals in need. As a not for profit organisation, we rely on the support of the staff, volunteers, customers and community to be sustainable. Our op shop teams play an important role in contributing to the success of the RSPCA by helping to raise 20% of RSPCA Qld’s annual income.
Bring your enthusiasm to one of our RSPCA Qld Op Shop locations and be prepared to join our community of friendly staff and volunteers who live the adventures of op shopping on a daily basis.
What to expect
As a Volunteer Op Shop assistant, you will be expected to assist with customer service, point of sales operations, merchandising, sorting, and undertaking general op shop duties. The duties of this position can vary depending on your skills, interests and enthusiasm. It offers hands-on experience with a great team while also helping to raise funds for a very worthwhile cause.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain retail, merchandising, customer services, basic accounting and community fundraising skills and experience.
- Develop on your interests in preloved items, collector items, vintage, homewares and fashion.
- Work in a friendly team, build on your confidence and meet new people.
- 10% volunteer discounts throughout RSPCA retails stores
- Participate in fun promotions and events such as RSPCA’s Cupcake Day.
- Donate your spare time to a worthy cause that helps thousands of lives each year.
What are the tasks?
- Assist customers to find the perfect preloved fashion item, unique gift or other purchase while always expressing thanks for supporting RSPCA.
- Merchandising and presenting op shop stock including fashion, homewares and furniture items.
- Accept donations and thanking donors for supporting the RSPCA.
- Sorting, hanging and tagging stock.
- Cash handling, using an EFTPOS machine and cash register.
- Promoting and talking to customers about current RSPCA Qld and Op Shop promotions and events.
- Undertaking the responsible care and management of animals in the store, including providing enrichment opportunities, cleaning enclosures and ensuring access to fresh water and food
- Represent the RSPCA Qld Op Shop team and brand through your passion for animal welfare and op shopping.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Friendly, positive and enthusiastic.
- Confidence in working with animals and dealing with the general public
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Confident in using computers
- Empathy, patience and the ability to listen carefully
- Outstanding customer service skills, driven by empathy and understanding
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg.
When can I volunteer?
- *URGENT* Monday - Sunday 9:00am-1:00pm or 12:00pm-4:00pm
The successful applicant will attend at least one shift per week at one of our RSPCA Op Shop locations.
All applicants must be available for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: Some locations will require you to have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account