Animal Experience Admin Assistant | Wacol
What to expect
This position is pivotal to the smooth running of our Foster Care program. Foster carers provide much-needed love and support for animals who need temporary care prior to becoming available for adoption. Over 7,000 animals are cared for by dedicated foster carers each year, and every animal in a foster home is one less animal that our staff and volunteers need to attend to in the shelter, leaving more resources to dedicate to those in-shelter animals and creating greater capacity so that more animals can come into the RSPCA’s care. In this role you will be working with a small team who are responsible for managing the Foster, Rescue and Community Outreach programs.
What are the benefits?
- The personal satisfaction of giving an animal a second chance and helping them to find their ‘furever’ homes
- Opportunity to gain an insight into the busy Animal Experience department
- Opportunity to gain new skills or further develop existing administration skills
- Becoming part of a dedicated team who makes a difference in the lives of animals every day.
What are the tasks?
- Assist with email enquiries
- Processing paperwork for foster carers and foster animals
- Liaising with foster carers as required
- General administrative duties
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Sound computer skills (i.e. database entry and Word)
- Sound administrative skills (i.e. able to follow step-by-step standard operating procedures and guidelines)
- Methodical and precise in your approach to tasks with good attention to detail
When can I volunteer?
- Wednesday or Thursday, 12:30pm - 4:30pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months to ensure consistency and continuity with the animals. Orientation and animal training will be provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or APPLY NOW below.