Op Shop and Animal Care Assistant | Lawnton
If you have a passion for op shopping, cats, fashion, retail, customer service, being an environmental warrior or helping animals in need, the RSPCA Op Shop team want you!
Our newest store in Lawnton will also house some of our feline friends that are looking for their 'furever' homes, so your volunteer role here will also involve looking after cats and helping with adoptions.
RSPCA Op Shops make a real difference, with all store proceeds going straight back to helping RSPCA animals in need. As a not for profit organisation, we rely on the support of the staff, volunteers, customers and community to be sustainable. Our op shop teams play an important role in contributing to the success of the RSPCA by helping to raise 20% of RSPCA Qld’s annual income.
Bring your enthusiasm to one of our RSPCA Qld Op Shop locations and be prepared to join our community of friendly staff and volunteers who live the adventures of op shopping on a daily basis.
What to expect
As a Volunteer Op Shop assistant, you will be expected to assist with customer service, point of sales operations, merchandising, sorting, and undertaking general op shop duties. The duties of this position can vary depending on your skills, interests and enthusiasm. It offers hands-on experience with a great team while also helping to raise funds for a very worthwhile cause.
What are the tasks?
- Assist customers to find the perfect preloved fashion item, unique gift or other purchase while always expressing thanks for supporting RSPCA.
- The daily cleaning of the animals' pens which involves removing dirty bedding, hosing or wiping out enclosures, sweeping and scooping up of poop, cleaning litter trays, and providing clean bedding and toys
- Meeting and greeting customers in a cheery, friendly, professional manner and directing them accordingly, providing additional support for customers wishing to adopt
- Undertaking the responsible care and management of animals in the store, including providing enrichment opportunities, cleaning enclosures and ensuring access to fresh water and food
- Merchandising and presenting op shop stock including fashion, homewares and furniture items.
- Accept donations and thanking donors for supporting the RSPCA.
- Sorting, hanging and tagging stock.
- Cash handling, using an EFTPOS machine and cash register.
- Promoting and talking to customers about current RSPCA Qld and Op Shop promotions and events.
- Represent the RSPCA Qld Op Shop team and brand through your passion for animal welfare and op shopping.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Friendly, positive and enthusiastic.
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg.
When can I volunteer?
The successful applicant will attend at least one shift per week at one of our RSPCA Op Shop locations. Available volunteer shifts will vary depending on the store location and needs, and may include Monday to Sunday shifts from:
- 9 am - 1 pm
- 10am - 2pm
- 12 pm – 4 pm
- 9 am – 4 pm
Full orientation and training is provided.
If you have any questions, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can contact us on 3426 9915, 3426 9903 or 3426 9962. *Please note, our team only works office hours Monday - Friday
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account