Domestic Hospital Reception Assistant | Wacol
What to expect
This rewarding role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare, who are outgoing and enjoy meeting new people, and have great computer and administration skills. In this role you will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by being the ‘face’ of the RSPCA Vet Hospital, greeting people as they bring their animals to the hospital, entering critical data onto the RSPCA systems, answering telephone calls from the general public, and other general administrative tasks as required.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain skills and experience with various administration responsibilities and further develop your customer service skills
- Experience in the day to day operations of a busy veterinary clinic
- Undertaking animal handling training, learning to interact with all our animals and spend quality enrichment time with them
- Being part of a team of enthusiastic, hardworking individuals who will support you in learning new skills
What are the tasks?
- Greeting people with their pets as they come into the hospital
- Recording the details of incoming and outgoing animals
- Assisting staff with animal handling
- Ensuring the vet services waiting area and consult rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Organising consultations
- Answering general telephone enquiries
- Other data entry tasks and general duties as required
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Confident, friendly nature and positive in meeting new people and making them feel welcome
- Prepared to be involved in some delicate and sometimes challenging situations
- Confidence handling a variety of animals
- Reliable, with the ability to work independently , take initiative and multitask
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
When can I volunteer?
- Mondays; 9am - 1pm
- We request a minimum commitment of 1 x four hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Orientation and animal training will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. It is also a requirement that before handling animals at the RSPCA you have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Brisbane Volunteer Coordinator on 3426 9915 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the application below.