Op Shop Truck Driver Assistant | Gympie
RSPCA Op Shops make a real difference, with all store proceeds going straight back to helping RSPCA animals in need. As a not for profit organisation, we rely on the support of the staff, volunteers, customers and community to be sustainable. Our op shop teams play an important role in contributing to the success of the RSPCA by helping to raise much needed funds.
Please note that this role does involve heavy lifting.
What to expect
This rewarding volunteer position involves driving the RSPCA Op Shop truck, collecting donated items from the local area and delivering furniture to the customer once purchased. There could also be odd jobs/errands that need to be done. As the number of driving jobs varies depending on the day any successful applicants will be required to assist in the sorting section at the Op Shop while not driving.
What are the benefits?
- Help raise funds for animals in need
- Work in a friendly team, build on your confidence and meet new people
- Participate in fun promotions and events such as RSPCA’s Cupcake Day
- Donate your spare time to a worthy cause that helps thousands of lives each year.
What are the tasks?
- Accept donations and thanking donors for supporting the RSPCA.
- Assist the Op Shop team with stock and furniture collections and deliveries.
- Represent the RSPCA Qld Op Shop team and brand through your passion for animal welfare.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Friendly, positive and enthusiastic.
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg.
- A clean Open Driver’s License, manual preferred.
When can I volunteer?
- The successful applicant will attend at least one shift per week, based from the Gympie Op Shop.
- We have vacancies Monday – Friday, with the shift time being 7am – 3pm.
- All applicants must be available for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. Some locations will required you to have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 3426 9903 or fill in the application above.