Wildlife Assistant | Eumundi
Calling all wildlife enthusiasts and animal lovers!
Join our incredible team and embark on a rewarding adventure with Australia's native wildlife. If you're passionate about their well-being and eager to learn about their daily care, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Gain exposure to our native animal rehabilitation centre and make a real difference in the lives of our furry friends!
What to expect:
- Immerse yourself in the captivating world of native wildlife care.
- Embrace the challenge of caring for animals who may be sick or in discomfort.
- We understand it can be emotional, but the reward is priceless—you'll be making a positive impact on their lives and your own!
- Please note: Unfortunately, we are unable to offer placements for Vet nursing students. Please reach out to your course provider for alternative opportunities.
Benefits that will make your heart flutter:
- Up-close encounters with adorable native Australian wildlife!
- Learn invaluable skills in native wildlife care and husbandry.
- Explore the fascinating field of veterinary care.
- Become part of a friendly and supportive community that shares your passion.
Tasks that will make you feel like a wildlife superhero:
- Prepare delicious meals and provide enriching activities for our animal pals.
- Keep their enclosures squeaky clean.
- Channel your inner cleanliness guru—sweep, mop, and banish rubbish.
- Master hygiene control and follow sanitization protocols diligently.
- Help maintain a presentable clinic environment and reception area.
- Be a laundry legend—wash, fold, and collect clean bedding and towels.
- Assist with stock control and ensure supplies are always in check.
Skills and characteristics that will make you a superstar:
- Be confident or willing to learn about working with native wildlife in a rehabilitation centre.
- Show your independent spirit—we believe in your ability to shine.
- Flex those muscles! Physically fit individuals who can lift 10kg.
- Pay attention to the smallest details and follow instructions flawlessly.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and unleash your excellent communication skills.
- Roll up your sleeves and show us your dedication to the RSPCA's mission.
When can you make a difference?
We offer a range of shifts from Monday to Sunday. Our current roles we need to fill are:
Dawn Shift (6:30am – 10:30am) Tuesdays
Morning Shift (8:30am – 12:30pm) Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays
Midday Shift (10:00am – 2:00pm) Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays
Afternoon Shift (1:30pm – 5:30pm) Sundays
We kindly request a minimum commitment of one four-hour shift per week for at least three months. This ensures consistency and provides ongoing support to our beloved animals. Don't worry—we'll provide orientation and training in animal interaction, training, and husbandry.
Please remember: An up-to-date Tetanus vaccination is mandatory before handling animals at the RSPCA.
If you are ready to join the RSPCA Qld team, please click "Fill in an application" above. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account