Op Shop Assistant | Bundall
If you have a passion for op shopping, fashion, retail, customer service, being an environmental warrior or helping animals in need, the RSPCA Op Shop team want you!
RSPCA Op Shops make a real difference, with all store proceeds going straight back to helping RSPCA animals in need. As a not for profit organisation, we rely on the support of the staff, volunteers, customers and community to be sustainable. Our op shop teams play an important role in contributing to the success of the RSPCA by helping to raise 20% of RSPCA Qld’s annual income.
Bring your enthusiasm to one of our RSPCA Qld Op Shop locations and be prepared to join our community of friendly staff and volunteers who live the adventures of op shopping on a daily basis.
What to expect
As a Volunteer Op Shop assistant, you will be expected to assist with customer service, point of sales operations, merchandising, sorting, and undertaking general op shop duties. The duties of this position can vary depending on your skills, interests and enthusiasm. It offers hands-on experience with a great team while also helping to raise funds for a very worthwhile cause.
At our Bundall Op Shop, we also have facilities to house cats and kittens available for adoption; so while they're waiting for their furever homes, you may have the chance to interact with them and provide calm enrichment.
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to gain retail, merchandising, customer services, basic accounting and community fundraising skills and experience.
- Develop on your interests in preloved items, collector items, vintage, homewares and fashion.
- Work in a friendly team, build on your confidence and meet new people.
- 10% volunteer discounts throughout RSPCA retails stores
- Participate in fun promotions and events such as RSPCA’s Cupcake Day.
- Donate your spare time to a worthy cause that helps thousands of lives each year.
What are the tasks?
- Assist customers to find the perfect preloved fashion item, unique gift or other purchase while always expressing thanks for supporting RSPCA.
- Merchandising and presenting op shop stock including fashion, homewares and furniture items.
- Accept donations and thanking donors for supporting the RSPCA.
- Sorting, hanging and tagging stock.
- Cash handling, using an EFTPOS machine and cash register.
- Promoting and talking to customers about current RSPCA Qld and Op Shop promotions and events.
- Represent the RSPCA Qld Op Shop team and brand through your passion for animal welfare and op shopping.
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Friendly, positive and enthusiastic.
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directions.
- Physically fit and able to lift 10kg.
When can I volunteer?
The successful applicant will attend at least one shift per week at one of our RSPCA Op Shop locations. Available volunteer shifts will vary depending on the store location and needs, and may include Monday to Saturday shifts from:
- 9 am - 1 pm
- 10am - 2pm
- 12 pm – 4 pm
- 9 am – 4 pm
All applicants must be available for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. Some locations will require you to have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.
For further information, please contact our Volunteer Program Support Team on 07 3426 9903 or email@example.com, or apply via the link above.