Animal Care Assistant | Toowoomba
Join the Fun and Make a Pawsitive Difference!
Looking for a rewarding way to spend your time? Love animals and want to make a meaningful impact on their lives? Look no further! We have an exciting volunteer opportunity that's perfect for animal enthusiasts like you. Get ready for an amazing experience that will leave you with a wagging tail!
What to Expect:
Get ready for an adventure that combines your passion for animals with hands-on experience and learning. Although it can get a little messy and smelly at times, the joy you'll feel is immeasurable. From cuddling cute kittens to playing fetch with playful pups, you'll be immersed in a world of furry friends. Whether it's rain or shine, summer or winter, you'll be out there making tails wag and hearts happy.
What are the Benefits?
- Plenty of quality time with lots of animals.
- An amazing opportunity to learn about the care and health requirements of our furry companions.
- Unleash your inner child and enjoy playtime and interactions with the animals in our care.
- Develop valuable skills and gain insights into the animal care industry.
- Become part of our warm and friendly community, where every wag and purr counts.
As a volunteer, you'll be an essential part of our team, with hands-on responsibilities that include:
- Giving the animals' pens a fresh start each day by cleaning up, replacing bedding, and ensuring everything is spick and span.
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic environment, because happy animals mean happy volunteers!
- Helping to keep our Animal Care Campus in tip-top shape, making it a welcoming haven for our furry residents.
- Taking our four-legged friends for a stroll around the campus, providing them with much-needed enrichment and exercise.
- Embrace your playful side by spending time with all our animals and facilitating social interactions with other animals, toys, and fellow humans.
- Handling laundry duties, ensuring that our animal friends have clean and cozy bedding.
Skills and Characteristics We're Looking For:
- Confidence in working with domestic animals or a willingness to learn more about animal care in a shelter setting.
- An ability to handle increased noise levels like a pro.
- Independence is key! We need volunteers who can work autonomously and take initiative.
- Physical fitness is a must! You should be able to lift up to 10kg and stand for extended periods.
- Attention to detail is crucial, as you'll be following instructions to ensure the well-being of our furry friends.
- Teamwork makes the dream work! Enjoy working collaboratively in a supportive environment.
- Excellent communication skills will help you connect with both animals and fellow volunteers.
- Show your dedication and hard work, as you'll be joining our passionate RSPCA team.
To help potential volunteers to fully understand the role requirements, we have created the Essential Capabilities of an Animal Care Volunteer document. Please read this before you apply to ensure you understand what we look for when reviewing applications.
When Can You Join the Fun?
We have shifts either morning shifts, or afternoon shifts available Monday - Sunday with either our purr-fect Cats or our paw-some Dogs.
To ensure consistency and make a lasting impact, we kindly request a minimum commitment of one four-hour shift per week. Don't worry if you're new to this—our team will provide you with orientation and training on animal interaction, training, and husbandry.
Before handling animals at the RSPCA, please ensure you have an up-to-date Tetanus vaccination. Safety first
Need More Info?
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account