Fundraising Admin Support | Wacol
What to expect
This rewarding role would suit applicants who are passionate about animals and dedicated to improving their welfare; and who are passionate about helping the RSPCA achieve their goals of helping animals, enlightening people and changing lives. In this role you will provide vital help to all creatures great and small by assisting the Philanthropy team on a variety of administration and general tasks.
What are the benefits?
- Have the satisfaction of using your valuable skills and experience to support the RSPCA and to give back to the community
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment with the opportunity to learn more about RSPCA Queensland operations
- Being part of a respected, professional team of enthusiastic, like-minded individuals who will support you in learning new skills
What are the tasks?
Tasks may include:
- General data entry tasks as required
- Assisting with mail outs (includes data referencing, folding letters, hand writing)
- Writing out birthday cards
- Calling supporters to update their details
- Scanning and uploading files to the database
- Create register for pavers and wombat tags
- Matching photos with the correct files
- Assisting with receipting of donations
- Providing general administrative support to the Fundraising Team as required
What skills and characteristics do I need?
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- High level computer skills including excel and data entry experience, specifically in excel spreadsheets and mail merging
- Confident talking to supporters on the phone
- Excellent administration, attention to detail, planning and organisation skills
- A very high level of discretion as you will handling sensitive data.
- Reliable and professional with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, take initiative and multitask
- For elements of the role that require driving an RSPCA vehicle applicants must hold a current manual driver’s license and have sound driving ability, confident in heavy traffic and all weather conditions and be physically fit (able to lift 10kg)
When can I volunteer?
- Monday 1pm - 5pm
- Wednesday 9 am - 12 pm
- Thursday 9am - 12pm or 1pm - 5pm
All applicants must be available for a minimum of 3 months. Full orientation and training is provided.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of volunteering with us you will be required to purchase an RSPCA Volunteer T-shirt for $30. Some locations will require you to have an up to date Tetanus vaccination.