BV&E - Volunteer Front of House and Usher Positions
Our team of volunteers consists of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. On show night (or day), they take on front of house roles, mainly as door ushers or the friendly faces assisting patrons in the foyer areas.
Broadly, a volunteer may be involved in some, or all, of the following duties:
- Opening of auditorium doors, followed by checking of tickets and directions to seats
- Monitoring the safe entry and departure of patrons from the auditorium space
- Acting as the ‘eyes and ears’ of the venue and communicating with FOH Staff either face-to-face or via radio
- Assisting with questions from patrons
- Collection of reusable cups and general tidying of auditorium post-performance
Our volunteers play an important role in the venue’s emergency procedures should the need arise. Being on your feet for the minimum of an hour at a time, the ability to go up and down stairs and some light lifting may be required.
Such is the nature of show-biz, shifts will become available across all days of the week with the majority taking place in the evenings. You need to be a team player who works well with others. You will also need to be personable, friendly and possess excellent customer service skills.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account