Youth Council Member
The City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council is an advisory and advocacy committee whose role is to represent the voice of young people who live, work and study in the City of Greater Bendigo (the City). The City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council is an important mechanism for consultation with young people and for providing advice to the City of Greater Bendigo Council and City staff on implementation and review of the City’s Explore, Engage, Empower – Young People in Greater Bendigo (Youth Strategy) and broader policy and strategy development.
The City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council comprises of fifteen to eighteen young people aged between 14 and 24 who live, work or study within Greater Bendigo. Membership of the City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council is a voluntary and therefore requires members to be registered as volunteers with the City of Greater Bendigo.
The goals of the Youth Council are to:
- Provide opportunities for young people to have their say and influence Council policies, plans and strategies.
- Promote young people as valuable citizens who make a positive contribution to the community.
- Provide opportunities for young people to develop leadership skills.
- Provide the opportunity for Councillors to meet, hear and learn from young people.
- Provide opportunities for young people to consult with the wider community.
Youth Council Eligibility
To be eligible to be a member of the City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council applicants must:
- Be between the age of 14 and 24 years.
- Live, work and/or study anywhere in Greater Bendigo.
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check (volunteer level) if 18 years and older.
This includes young people from all backgrounds and experiences, living in all areas of Greater Bendigo, who are eager to develop leadership skills, advocate for young people and make a difference in the community.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account