Gardens for Wildlife Garden Guide
Nillumbik Shire Council supports private landholders to manage their land for positive environmental outcomes. The Nillumbik Gardens for Wildlife programs is a partnership between Nillumbik Shire Council and the community. The program encourages community members to create habitat for local wildlife in their private gardens through the use of indigenous and Australian native plants combined with other habitat elements. G4W Garden Guides provide guidance under social distancing protocols (i.e. video conferencing, email or telephone) to local residents looking to enhance wildlife habitat through gardening. This role will assist the Nillumbik G4W program partnership by providing encouragement and advice on wildlife gardening on their private property to participants.
Working from home - various locations.
- Conduct a site visit with participants of the Nillumbik G4W program (via teleconferencing, email or telephone should COVID restrictions require) to encourage gardening for wildlife habitat outcomes.
- Provide a personalised email and a wildlife garden report to each participant to support the garden
- Provide encouragement to new participants to network with other G4W participants in Nillumbik and across the Victoria
- Providing collected data to the Gardens for Wildlife Project Officer - Environment team
REPORTS TO: Nillumbik Shire Council Gardens for Wildlife Project Officer and Nillumbik Gardens for Wildlife steering committee
TIME COMMITMENT: Between 4 – 10 hours per month (negotiated depending on the project).
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work from home via telephone, email and/or online video conferencing tool
- Ability to work autonomously, in pairs and as part of a wider team
- Ability to maintain connections with a wider team under social distancing protocols
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Able to enter information into a data base
Training and orientation for this position will be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator and other relevant staff within the Gardens for Wildlife program. Support will also be provided by the Gardens for Wildlife Victoria network. Ongoing support will be provided throughout the volunteer’s involvement in the program.
SECURITY/MEDICAL CHECKS AND LICENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Reference check (minimum of two referees required)
- Working with Children Check
Please refer to Council’s Volunteer Handbook for details regarding Occupational Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity, Bullying & Harassment, Privacy & Confidentiality and Code of Conduct policies and procedures. Full policy documents can be requested from the Volunteer Coordinator.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account