Sydney Pop-Up Op Shop - Merchandise Sorting Assistant
RSPCA NSW Op Shops – Merchandise Sorting Assistant
This volunteering role will be located at the RSPCA NSW sorting facility in Marrickville, between January and March 2021.
We’re looking for volunteers to help anytime between Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am and 4pm, between late January to the end of March 2021. Specific days and times are flexible.
About the role
RSPCA NSW are looking for friendly, hard-working and organised volunteers with an eye for quality clothing to support the sorting of merchandise that has been donated for sale at our Pop-Up Op Shop in Marrickville in March 2021.
In this volunteering role, you will be in a small team dedicated to unloading items being delivered, sorting through donations that will be sold at the Pop-Up event, and further sorting clothes that will be distributed to the RSPCA NSW Op Shop network for sale at our stores if they are not suitable for the Pop-Up event.
As a Merchandise Sorting volunteer, you will be helping to raise funds to support our op shop program and raising vital funds to support RSPCA NSW.
Please note: This role does NOT involve animal contact.
What this volunteer role looks like
- Maximising sales by sorting through merchandise donated and ensuring high-quality items are put forward for sale
- Sorting items in good condition for delivery to the RSPCA NSW Op Shop network if not appropriate
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures, including the Confidentiality Agreement
What you’ll get out of volunteering with us
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team raising funds for animals and owners in need
- Experience in a fast-paced stock control environment
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, where possible
What we need from you
- At least 18 years old
- Previous experience with a variety of clothing brands, to ensure good quality items are put forward for sale
- Able to work in a close-knit team environment
- Ability to lift over 10kg
- Clear and accurate communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude