Sydney (Yagoona) Shelter - Gardening
RSPCA NSW Sydney (Yagoona) Shelter - Gardening Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers that can help out Monday to Friday, from 10am to 2pm.
If you are only available on specific days of the week, you can let us know within your application.
RSPCA NSW prefers volunteers to commit ideally to two volunteering shifts every month, where possible.
About the role
RSPCA NSW are looking for help with maintaining our shelter facility and enclosures, including, maintaining our gardens by weeding, pruning bushes and trees and tidying our grassed animal enclosures and play-areas.
In this role, you'll be using your handy-person skills to beautify our Sydney Shelter, making sure both animals and people who visit have a clean and safe environment.
Training will be provided by our Facilities team, including how to use the appropriate equipment and how to ensure best practice is carried out around our animal residents.
Please note, this role DOES NOT involve direct animal contact.
Volunteering in this role looks like
In this role, you will be tackling tasks nominated by our Facilities team, including:
- General gardening duties, such as sweeping, planting, mowing and weeding our grassed areas and animal enclosures
- Providing care and attention to our veggie garden and harvesting suitable plants for our pocket pets
- Helping to maintain a clean shelter for both members of the public, staff, volunteers and our animal residents
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
Able to lift items up to 20kg