Coffs Harbour Shelter - Transportation Driver
RSPCA NSW Coffs Harbour Shelter – Transportation Driver
We’re looking for volunteers to help any day from Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 3:30pm.
If you are only available on a specific day, you can indicate this within your application.
RSPCA NSW prefers volunteers that can commit to at least two volunteering shifts every month.
About the role
RSPCA NSW’s Coffs Harbour Shelter are looking for help with driving duties to assist with the day-to-day operations of the shelter.
This can include transporting animals in our care to another RSPCA NSW facility, veterinary clinic, Petbarn store or foster carer, collecting donated goods from members of the public, and completing miscellaneous tasks around the shelter (i.e., office work, gardening and cleaning).
In this volunteering role, you will be essential to the daily operations of our busy shelter, to ensure our people can provide the highest level of care to our animals.
All training is provided by our shelter team.
What this volunteer role looks like
- Transporting nominated animals to and from another RSPCA NSW facility, veterinary clinic, Petbarn store or foster carer
- Collecting donated goods from members of the public or local businesses
- Completing general tasks around the shelter (office work, gardening or cleaning)
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures, including the Confidentiality Agreement
What you’ll get out of volunteering with us
- Training from the Coffs Harbour shelter team
- Inclusion in a team focused on animal welfare
- Interacting with a variety of people and animals across the local community
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, where possible
What we need from you
- At least 18 years old
- Valid New South Wales C-Class Drivers License
- Clear communication skills
- Enjoy interacting with people and animals
- Physical ability to lift at least 10kg
- Ability to follow direction, work within a team and individually
- Clear and accurate communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude