Orange Shelter - Shelter Assistant
RSPCA NSW Orange Shelter – Shelter Assistant
We’re looking for volunteers who can help out Monday – Sunday, with volunteering times either between 9am – 12pm, 1pm – 3pm, or all day.
If you’re only available on certain days, you can mark this in your application.
RSPCA NSW prefers volunteers complete a shift at least once a fortnight.
About the role
We’re seeking volunteers to help keep our Orange Shelter running and lending a much appreciated helping hand in a variety of duties. While providing care and enrichment to our animal residents, you will also be cleaning enclosures, sorting laundry and general maintenance and gardening around the shelter.
In this role, you’ll be providing exceptional care to the animals and invaluable assistance to the shelter in the Orange community, to both two and four-legged residents.
What this volunteer role looks like
- Walking dogs and providing basic training while they are in care
- Grooming and socialising all shelter animals
- Providing enrichment and fun to our animal residents
- Sorting, washing and folding bedding
- General gardening and maintenance around the shelter grounds
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
What you’ll get out of volunteering with us
- Training from our Shelter Team
- Experience in a shelter environment and learning the day-to-day operations
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
- Rewarding work that directly brings animals comfort
- Networking with internal stakeholders
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, if possible
What we need from you
- Physical ability to lift up to 10 kilograms
- Ability to follow direction, to work within a team and work individually
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to get a little dirty
- Well organised, reliable and able to prioritise
- Passion for interacting with people and animals
- Positive attitude