Hunter Shelter - Laundry Assistant
RSPCA NSW Hunter (Rutherford) Shelter – Laundry Assistant
RSPCA NSW Hunter (Rutherford) Shelter – 6-10 Burlington Road, RUTHERFORD NSW
We’re looking for volunteers who can help out for at least 3 hours at a time, Monday - Sunday between 8:30am and 4:00pm.
If you’re only available on certain days, you can mark this in your application.
RSPCA NSW prefers volunteers that can commit to at least one volunteering shift per fortnight.
About the role
RSPCA NSW are looking for help with maintaining our laundry room, including, sorting donations, making dog beds and delivering bedding to the animal areas
In this role, you'll be assisting our Hunter Shelter team to maintain a clean and organised laundry and making the animals stay as comfortable as possible.
Training will be provided by our Facilities team, including how to use the appropriate equipment and how to ensure best practice is carried out around our animal residents.
Please note, this role DOES NOT involve direct animal contact.
Volunteering in this role looks like
In this role, you will be tackling tasks nominated by our Facilities team, including:
- Laundry duties, such as using a washing machine and dryer, folding and storing clean blankets, towels etc
- Sorting the donations for our animals and placing them into an organised room, making animal beds and delivering them to the kennels
- Helping to maintain a clean shelter for both members of the public, staff, volunteers and our animal residents
- Comply with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understand and comply with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
What you’ll get out of volunteering with us
- Training from our Shelter Team
- Experience in a shelter environment and learning the day-to-day operations
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
- Rewarding work that directly brings animals comfort
- Networking with internal stakeholders
- Ongoing support for other opportunities in the organisation, if possible
What we need from you
- At least 16 years old
- Physical ability to lift up to 10 kilograms
- Ability to follow direction, to work within a team and work individually
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to get a little dirty
- Well organised, reliable and able to prioritise
- Passion for interacting with people and animals
- Positive attitude