Orange Shelter - Gardening
RSPCA NSW Orange Shelter – Gardening
We are looking for volunteers who can help out once a fortnight between the hours of 9am and 4pm.
If you are only available on certain days or at certain times, you can mark this in your application.
About the role
We are seeking volunteers to help keep our Orange Shelter tidy, presentable and safe for the public and the staff who work there. The role will be responsible for a variety of garden duties and maintenance including lawn mowing, weed spraying, edge trimming, rose pruning, cleaning gutters, etc.
What this volunteer role looks like
- General gardening and maintenance around the shelter grounds
- Mowing/whipper snipping lawns
- Weed spraying
- Tree branch trimming
- Rose pruning
- Gutter cleaning
- Complying with all Work Health and Safety (WHS) guidelines
- Understanding and complying with RSPCA NSW policies and procedures
What you will get out of volunteering with us
- Training and support from our Shelter Team
- Inclusion in a friendly and vibrant team
What we need from you
- Physical ability to lift up to 10 kilograms
- Experienced in the use of gardening tools
- Ability to follow direction, to work within a team and work individually
- Good verbal communication skills
- Willingness to get a little dirty
- Well organised, reliable and able to prioritise
- Passion for interacting with people and animals
- Positive attitude
Please note that all the required equipment and resources will be provided by the Shelter.