Volunteering - Volunteer Engagement and Administration
RSPCA NSW Sydney Shelter (or remotely) – Volunteer Engagement and Administration
This volunteering role is located at our RSPCA NSW Sydney (Yagoona) Shelter – 201 Rookwood Road, YAGOONA NSW 2199 or can also be completed remotely if the workload allows.
Please note: volunteers in this role are required to undergo a National Criminal History Check as part of the application process.
We’re looking for volunteers to help at least one weekday a week, between 9am and 4pm.
If you are only available on certain days, you can indicate this within your application.
RSPCA NSW prefers volunteers that can commit to at least two volunteering shifts every month.
About the role
The RSPCA NSW volunteering team are seeking enthusiastic and organised individuals that have skills in administration, customer service and data entry to support our 2,700+ volunteers and foster carers by checking volunteering attendance registers, entering volunteering hours into our volunteering management database, contacting volunteers and completing check-ins, in addition to general administrative tasks across RSPCA NSW when required by other teams (i.e., one-off projects, data assistance, fundraising assistance etc).
As a Volunteer Engagement and Administration volunteer, you will be the backbone of an organisation that prioritises our people and the animals we care for – by ensuring our volunteers’ contributions are recorded and accurate, and administrative tasks are completed to a high quality.
What this volunteer role looks like
- Entering volunteer and foster care hours each month into the volunteering management database
- Contacting volunteers and completing check-ins to confirm availability, answer questions or provide support on using the volunteering platform, Better Impact
- Opportunity to complete administrative tasks for other parts of the organisation, when required (i.e., one off projects)
What you’ll get out of volunteering with us
- Training from the Volunteering team and ongoing support
- Guidance and feedback from our Volunteer Manager
- Inclusion in a team focused on animal welfare and providing excellent support to our organisation
- Ongoing support for other volunteering opportunities in the organisation, where possible
What we need from you
- At least 18 years old
- Undergo a national Criminal History Check (costs covered by RSPCA NSW)
- Available at least one weekday per fortnight
- Previous experience with administrative tasks such as data entry, contacting customers or individuals via phone and working with a variety of databases and computer systems
- Excellent computer skills (essential)
- Ability to follow direction and work with a variety of different people and teams
- Positive attitude