Aldershot Military Museum Welcome Volunteers
Hampshire County Council Arts & Museums Service’s Community Museums -Welcome Host Volunteers.
We are now recruiting Welcome Host volunteers who provide information to visitors, help with the café and shop and support the overall operation of the museum.
Typical tasks and duties involved in the role:
- Welcoming and interacting with the public to ensure all visitors have the best possible experience
- Assist with retail and café sales, this would include cash handling and record keeping
- Touring the galleries and assisting visitors, whilst helping to maintain security for the museum
- Assist staff with the setting up and the maintenance of events, exhibitions and activities
- Support the implementation of evacuation procedures and follow guidance to help maintain safety & security on site
- Assist with cleaning, preparation and the presentation of the Museum
- Help with enquiries and receive objects offered for donation or requiring object identification
Who will you report to: Daily supervision by the Visitor Services Assistant and tasks established by the Curator. Full training is given and you’ll meet lots of interesting people. Volunteering can also be a stepping stone to higher education or employment.
We welcome everyone aged 16 and over (including those undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh Award) to become volunteers at Hampshire Museums, however, this outline will provide potential volunteers with guidance on the type of commitment that individual sites expect from volunteers before they take on the role of Welcome Museum Volunteer.
Aldershot Military Museum is open Wednesday to Sunday.
We expect a potential volunteer to commit to at least a three month period, and to undertake regular volunteering of at least once a fortnight at the community museum.
Aldershot Military Museum operates a morning shift of 9.00 – 1.15 and afternoon 1.00 to 5.15 on weekdays and on Saturday & Sundays 10.15 to 13.15 and 13.00 to 4.15.
I am afraid we don't pay travel or any other expenses.
For further information please click on the Fill in an Application button.
Hampshire County Council Arts and Museums Service aims to deliver a nationally excellent and innovative cultural offer that engages and inspires people living, working and spending time in Hampshire. We work collaboratively with communities and other cultural providers to increase access to and appreciation of the County’s rich arts and museums resource.
The Museum exists to collect, document, safeguard, interpret and make accessible artefacts and specimens that provide a record of all aspects of life in the Rushmoor area from the past and present. The Museum encourages visitors to explore its collection for inspiration, learning and enjoyment.
We aim to encourage new audiences to come and enjoy our diverse and adaptable museum that works together to connect and enrich people lives with knowledge and ideas. In addition, we aim to inspire a deeper level of interest, enjoyment and understanding of Rushmoor Borough’s heritage and environment, by developing the full potential of the museum collections in our care, and by working closely with organisation’s with similar aims.