Command of Guildford Sea Cadet Unit
Exciting Opportunity (unpaid) - Command of Guildford Sea Cadet Unit
- Expressions of interest are sought from officers or substantive senior rates for command of TS Queen Charlote which was formed in 1942 and is a large and active riverside unit in Guildford and currently comprises 68 Cadets, of whom 15 are Royal Marines Cadets and 18 members of staff. The unit is an RYA Recognised Teaching Establishment and Explore Rowing Centre, as well as being a venue for District, Area and National Sea Cadet Training.
- The appointment is currently filled by Lieutenant (SCC) Colin Whitear who is moving, after 13 successful years in command, to become Assistant District Officer for Surrey.
- Qualified candidates will either have previous command experience or currently hold a senior appointment within a Unit, preferably as first lieutenant, and have already demonstrated their ability and competence as effective leaders/managers.
- Exceptionally, candidates without senior unit appointment experience but who are able to demonstrate suitable work based management experience and competence will be considered.
- Subject to the number of applications received it is intended that all candidates will be interviewed by the Unit Chairman and District Officer during early March 2014 with the successful candidate being appointed as soon as possible thereafter.
- If you require any more information or an informal discussion about the role please contact us by completing the online application.