Code Club leader
- 12 weeks minimum commitment
- One hour per week at a community venue (usually after-school, around 3.30pm)
- Around 15 children aged 9 - 11 in each club
- No previous knowledge of coding needed
- Help children use Code Club projects to make games, animations and websites
- Volunteer solo or team up with a colleague or friend
- Be available for one hour a week to help with a Code Club session in a local school, library or community venue
- Commit to volunteering for at least one school term (12 weeks)
- Have time to prepare for the Code Club session each week. This may include organising, printing resources and completing the project you will be doing with the children in advance
- Organise a DBS check for yourself (we can help with this, free options are available!)
- Be happy to collaborate with the contact at the venue to make the club run smoothly
- Be confident with computers. You don’t have to be a coding genius, most clubs start with simple programs like Scratch, but you need to be willing to learn
Please note: unfortunately we cannot cover expenses for our volunteers. You are not allowed to charge for your club. Code Club is always free for children to attend. Them’s the rules.
How Code Club support you
- We guide you through your DBS check
- Someone from the venue will be with you throughout the sessions
- We provide great 'projects' for the children which are step by step guides for creating games, animations and websites
- Free online or face to face training sessions to get you started.
- DofE 16+
Ready to go? Then please click on the 'Fill in an application form' link on the top right hand side of this page, and we'll get back to you.