Do you know that each guide dog you see walking the street costs us £50,000 to breed, train and care for?
As we receive no funding except through donations, we need all the help we can get to raise the money needed to help enable more people who are blind or partially sighted to become mobile and independent.
We are looking to expand our local community social fundraising group and are looking for people who are interested in meeting up on a regular basis to put together ideas and take part in fundraising, to socialise and provide a warm and welcoming environment for new members including local guide dog owners.
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
- Street collections on ‘flag’ days – holding a money bucket and talking to the public
- Help on information and merchandise stalls at local events such as fetes
- Take collection boxes or envelopes to local businesses
- Opportunity to organise your own one-off challenge events to promote Guide Dogs and raise funds
W are looking for friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic people interested in joining in fundraising activities - is that you?
Skills that would be welcome:
- Enthusiasm and the desire to have fun!
- Good communication skills – ability to put your thoughts across clearly and politely to others
- Working as part of a varied team – willing to meet new people
- Preferably be willing to talk to the public about the work Guide Dogs
- Any previous experience of fundraising or new ideas are always welcome
This volunteer role is not at a set location.
Fundraising events and collections occur at different locations but generally within a 10-20 mile radius of the local area.These events could be indoor or outdoor and may occur in sunny or poor weather.
Time commitment is flexible - you can give as little as a couple hours per year or a couple hours a month, it's entirely up to you!
Fundraising events can take place during the week or at weekends, their frequency decided by the members of the fundraising group.
Our Purpose: To provide life-changing services for the independence of people living with sight loss and their friends and family.
Our Ambition: A future where every person with sight loss has the confidence and support to live their lives to the fullest.
so we can:
Lead by example