Handy Person at The Guildford Institute - Posted 21.02.2019
The Guildford Institute is seeking a Volunteer to assist and carry out repair and maintenance work in its building on Ward Street (off North Street) in the centre of Guildford.
We are an adult education charity, learning centre and community hub that have been based in the building for over 125 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform basic repairs in the building, such as plumbing, electrical fixtures, broken appliances/equipment and other minor repairs.
· Other tasks as determined by volunteer and staff
Hours are negotiable- around 2 hours per week at minimum; the building is open Monday-Friday, 9am-10pm and Saturdays, at least 10am-3pm.
· Complete a volunteer application and attend an informal chat
· Reasonably fit and healthy
· Previous experience with basic maintenance tasks essential
. Knowledge of carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc.
· Good problem-solver and detailed-oriented
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
· Must be flexible and reliable
Benefits to the Volunteer:
· Rewarding and invaluable position that supports the Institute and its users.
· Opportunity to build on existing maintenance and repair skills.
· Being part of a community hub at the heart of Guildford.
. Out of pockets expenses will be covered
.Full introduction and tour of the building and equipment will be given as well as ongoing support.
If you would like to be involved, we would love to hear from you! Please click on the sign up button to apply.