Godalming Collection Box Coordinator
We are looking for outgoing and proactive people with a good knowledge of their local community to help us raise money and awareness about Sight for Surrey.
The role can include the following:-
- Recruiting shops, pubs, offices, etc. to host our collecting boxes in your local area,
- Making follow up visits to empty contents and re-seal boxes for further use
- Counting and receipting the contents of each box emptied
- Ensuring each venue receives a timely thank-you card showing the amount collected
- Maintaining accurate records of how much each box placed raises
- Banking the income into Sight for Surrey’s bank account
- Making sure the boxes are clean and in good condition
- Placing occasional promotional material, eg. leaflets in venues and posters on community notice boards etc.
Volunteers for this role will have the following qualities:
- Good knowledge of your local community
- Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated
- Good communication skills
As a volunteer you would be responsible for managing the hours that you give - the hours would be to suit your personal circumstances. We would suggest checking the boxes in at 3 monthly intervals.
All appropriate materials to support your role including collecting boxes, receipt book, record sheets, wraps, seals, A dedicated fundraiser will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance
Our volunteers are an essential part of our organisation, enabling us to provide a wide breadth of services to our service users. You will make a vital difference to the people you drive for helping them lead as independent life as possible.
Sight for Surrey is committed to developing and supporting our volunteers; a staff member will keep in regular contact with you and give you any appropriate training required for the role.
Sight for Surrey will pay 40 pence a mile for the journeys you undertake on behalf of the organisation and to attend training.
Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey is a charitable organisation that delivers specialist services to people who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, have a vision impairment or combined sight and hearing loss. We provide services across Surrey so people may lead fuller, more independent lives.