Painshill is a Grade I listed landscape of international importance. Garden volunteers assist the landscape team with general garden maintenance including pruning, lawn care, growing plants from seed, watering and scrub bashing.
Reporting to: Andy Mills, Head Gardener
Time Commitment: 2 hours per week minimum
What’s in it for you?
- Learn about Painshill and the plants that make it special
- Gain valuable skills and experience in horticulture
- Be part of a valued team
- Meet like-minded people and make new friends
- A chance to be fit and active in the fresh air
- Membership of Painshill after 30 hours volunteering
- Social events with other volunteers
What will you do?
- General garden maintenance including pruning, lawn care, planting, watering and scrub bashing
- Talk to visitors about the work you are doing
- Assist with other landscape management
This role will suit someone who..?
- Is looking to change career or get back into work
- Has an interest in gardening
- Enjoys being outdoors
- Wants to meet new people
What you need
- No previous experience necessary, just enthusiasm!
- A reasonable level of fitness as it is a physical role
Volunteers are required to comply with Painshill Park Trust Ltd policies at all times.
Interested in finding out more? Then complete the online application form on this page and we will be in touch