A Venue Custodian responsible for helping the ZERO team run a welcoming, efficient venue. The responsibilities of a Venue Custodian may include:
● Showing prospective users around the space.
● Meeting and greeting booked users of the space.
● Running through fire, health & safety briefings with users of the space.
● Setting up room layouts as per each booking’s requirements
● Ensuring groups have tidied up after themselves and left the venue shipshape.
● Checking and cleaning communal areas and facilities, including checking stock levels for e.g. hand soap, loo roll, cleaning products.
During larger events, and at busier times, the Venue Custodian may be responsible for managing a small team of Event Steward volunteers. Event Stewards will assist the Venue Custodian to ensure the smooth running of events at ZERO
Zero Carbon Guildford is a charity set up to enable local community action to tackle the climate and ecological crisis and associated social issues.
Zero carbon Guildford is also about to set up a 'Community Hub', in the centre of Guildford, to enable the community to come together to tackle these issues.
The Hub will include a zero-waste shop, café, climate cinema and meeting/exhibition space and will showcase ways local people can make changes to help Guildford's journey towards a zero carbon future.