Diabetes UK Community Champion
Community Champions educate and raise awareness of diabetes and Diabetes UK by organising stalls, talks, presentations and healthy living days at community centres, health fairs and local festivals.
- They reach and engage people from ethnic minority groups and other socioeconomically deprived communities
- They explain what diabetes is, who is at risk, signs and symptoms, myths and misconceptions, complications, the NHS services that are available, the role of diet and physical activity - in a way that is culturally appropriate.
Join our Champions if:
- You are passionate to spread the word about diabetes
- You have strong ties within your local community
- You are committed to improve the health and wellbeing of you community
- You are able to attend a 2-day training sessions organised in your local area.
- You commit to put into practice the knowledge gained at 3 events per year (minimum)
Volunteering will take place in Surrey Heartlands, travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Date posted: 01/10/2019, ongoing opportunity