Maintenance Volunteers, Christopher's nr Guildford
Shooting Star Chase is your local children's hospice service looking after families with a child or teenager not expected to live beyond their 19th birthday.
We urgently need maintenance volunteers at our hospice Christopher's, just outside Guildford, to assist the maintenance team with general duties, DIY, decorating and general upkeep of our hospices,head office and nine shops.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the maintenance team with aspects of maintenance on a day-to-day basis at Christopher's mainly although there may be some work across all sites including shops as required
- Tasks to include minor repairs, decorating, minor building or carpentry projects
- Gardening and outdoor work
- Tasks will be allocated to the fit in with the volunteer's skills and past experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Previous DIY experience at home or in the workplace
- Common Sense
Suggested hours: Volunteers usually work a half day shift (3 to 4 hours) flexible, morning or afternoons
This role is subject to a DBS clearance. An induction and training will be given.
If you are interested please complete the online application form & we will be in touch