Receptionist - Godalming CAB
Receptionists are an important part of the team, managing 'front-of-house'. As a receptionist, you would:
- greet clients and other visitors
- ensure clients know what is happening and how long they have to wait
- monitor clients and waiting times, and liaise with the session supervisor
- point out leaflets and self-help materials
- monitor client numbers and waiting times
- maintain the reception area
- telephone clients to reconfirm appointments
- enter simple client information onto the computer.
Specific qualifications and experience are not required to take on the role. You need to:
- have a good manner when talking to people
- have basic computing skills
- have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality
- be friendly and approachable.
Petrol and bus/train expenses can be claimed.
Contact us by clicking on the 'Fill in an Application' link at the top right hand side of this page if you would like to know more.
We help people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
We operate from bureaux in Cranleigh, Farnham, Godalming and Haslemere, offering a five days-a-week telephone, drop-in and appointment service. We have over 160 volunteers across our offices, undertaking many roles. These include fundraisers, trustees, administrators, receptionists, social policy campaigners, advisers and assessors.
We use the information we gather carrying out this work to campaign for social justice, so that individuals do not suffer through a lack of knowledge or an inability to express themselves effectively.