Cathedral Shop Assistant
Guildford Cathedral is looking for volunteers to help in the shop.
If you are friendly, helpful, approachable, trustworthy, reliable and willing to learn how to use a till, we would love to hear from you. You will be working in a small team and will be well supported. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the new and on-going development at Guildford Cathedral.
We are looking for people 18 years plus.
We will also accept Duke of Edinburgh candidates.
A Shop Assistant is responsible for:-
1. Welcoming visitors to the Cathedral Shop in a friendly manner.
2. Processing sales and operating the cash till. Training is provided.
3. Assisting customers with selecting and finding items in the shop.
4. Working in teams of 2-3 with the Shop Manager or Assistant Manager to cover 3 shifts of 2 hours during the day, Monday to Saturday (1000 to 1200/1200 to 1400/1400 to 1600) and 1100 to 1300 on Sundays.
5. Cleaning and tidying displays when necessary.
6. Providing information regarding events in the Cathedral and Refectory.
What we offer you:
We provide till and customer service training. We offer free car parking, as well as tea and coffee whilst you are on duty. Also, there is a Community Coffee Morning on the last Thursday of each month, offering a social get together for volunteers over a free cup of coffee or tea. Volunteers are also entitled to a 10% discount in the shop.
Unfortunately we are unable to pay any travel expenses.
The Cathedral is easily accessible by public transport .
Application form, informal chat and two references.
If you are interested, please fill in the online application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Cathedral is easily accessible by bus (the bus stop is at the bottom of the hill).
If you are interested please complete the form.
Guildford Cathedral is the mother church of the Diocese of Guildford, covering 500 square miles of Surrey, North east Hampshire, the London Borough of Kingston and a part of West Sussex. With a seating capacity of 1000, the Cathedral provides both focus and resource for the whole community, a venue for concerts, art and education, a place of pilgrimage, as well as stillness, prayer and daily choral worship.
Volunteers support the work and mission of the cathedral in friendly and convivial surroundings with interesting and like minded colleagues.