Fundraiser Volunteer wanted (Homebased)
The Military Cadet Training Corps based at shawfield school ash vale are looking for a creative and dedicated fundraiser to join our small volunteer team. This is a new role within MCTC which is much needed. As Fundraiser you will be responsible for working with Instructors, Officers and the Commandant to secure the short and medium term financial sustainability of the Corps.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of an independent youth organisation, A very flourishing organisation making a real difference in helping children reach there full potential . As a Fundraiser, you will help to broaden and strengthen MCTC’s impact, with opportunities to work with our team in exploring and developing new projects to help children develop in the community.
You will be required to work from your own home or you can attend parade evenings on a monday evening 18:15hrs to 21:00hrs and attend camps if you wish, to attend camps etc you will have to be DBS checked by ourselves at our cost, you will be line managed by an officer so you will have someone to speak to for assistance if needed.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Instructors, Officers and the Commandant to develop MCTC’s short and medium term fundraising strategy, and long term goals.
- Nurturing MCTC’s existing donor supporter base, and developing this further.
- Assisting the Officers and the Commandant with grant applications for existing and new projects.
- Researching potential sources of new income.
- Contributing to MCTC’s social media and online presence in areas relating to fundraising.
- booking in bag packing sessions in local supermarkets, (cadets pack bags in supermarkets to raise money for the corps via donations) organising instructors /cadets to attend the bag packing sessions