TWAM Local Group (Posted 13/03/2023)
What is a TWAM Local Group?
A Local Group is a team of people who share our passion for livelihood creating tools and get together to collect tools from their area. Many also arrange tool collections at local supermarkets, DIY stores and garden centres.
Many also offer talks to local community groups and even speak on local radio.
Some groups sort the tools before arranging collection and some even do some refurbishment, such as grinding off rust and fixing loose handles.
To start you need somewhere to store tools, such as a vacant garage or big shed and the enthusiasm to gather together likeminded friends. Our local groups have a great community spirit and are a huge support for TWAM.
What will you be doing?
There are so many possibilities, but the main tasks usually undertaken are:
1. You will be collect tool from requests made by the general public through the TWAM website.
2. You will promote TWAM locally to generate your own tool donation requests.
3. You will store the tools until and arrange collection by a TWAM van.
4. You will sort the tools so all broken and unsuitable tools are removed before the van collects.
5. You will do basic tool refurbishment as facilities and skills allow.
6. You will visit shows, farmers markets, local events etc. to promote TWAM and tool donations.
If you have a knowledge of tools or setting up and organising groups, that would be great, but if not, we can support you all the way.
Anywhere within England and Wales (but not Devon or Cornwall).
You decide when you meet, collect tools, and carry out refurbishment. Most groups meet 2-3 days a week between them.
2 Bailey Close, Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate, Ipswich, IP2 0UD Registered charity in England and Wales no: 1104903 Company no: 5114575 VAT Registration Number 347292286
7. You will offer talks and demonstrations to churches and other local groups to encourage their support.
8. You will work with your local Tool Ambassadors, Community Ambassadors and Community Champions to have a real impact on your community.
9. You will offer support to other potential groups who need advice on how to set up and run a group.
Please click on the "fill in an application" button and we will contact to arrange a chat to tell you more about the role.
We look forward to hearing from you!
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account