Trustee (voluntary position) Posted 10/1/2023
Job title: Trustee (voluntary position)
Responsible to: Board of trustees
Location: Ideally Surrey as meetings often held in Guildford
Time and commitment:
Approximately 4 to 10 hours a month
Attend yearly AGM and other meetings as required
To take an active role in the charity activities. Responsible for governance,
safeguarding and strategic direction of the charity with other board members.
To work in partnership and to support contractors and volunteers helping them
to achieve the aims of the organisation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure the charity is run in accordance with the governing document,
charity law, company law and that the decisions of the board and any other
appropriate legislation or regulations are upheld.
• Ensure the charity pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
• Work within SDAC’s Safeguarding Children and Adults policies at all times.
• Assisting with the development of strategic plans and ensuring the charity
• Assisting in setting organisational aims and objectives and setting priorities.
• Supporting other trustees in their roles.
• Assisting with reports and being responsible for own secretarial work.
• Attending and actively participating in monthly Zoom board meetings on a
Tuesday from 6.30 to 8.30pm and yearly AGM.
• Seek out new opportunities to work with vulnerable residents in Surrey to
promote the success of SDAC Ltd.
• Take delegated roles/tasks for the Board as discussed and agreed with the
Chair and report back to the Board.
• Ensure the charity’s confidentiality and safeguarding policies are adhered
to with regards to the management of the charity.
• Attending in person meetings with volunteers in Guildford.
• A commitment to the mission of SDAC to relieve sickness caused by
substance misuse and those struggling with mental health.
• Previous experience of being a trustee or Company Director would be
useful, but not essential.
• Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children
• Good understanding and knowledge of charity governance would be useful.
• Preferably having worked within the community or with a voluntary
• Ability and skills to contribute objectively to board meetings.
• Ability and commitment to give the minimum hours per month.
• Exemplary professional integrity.
• Respectful communication at all times.
• Sound independent judgement.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Excellent communications skills particularly tact, diplomacy and listening.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to send and receive emails and possess basic IT skills including use
of Microsoft Office.
Surrey Drug & Alcohol Care is a registered charity which has been set up as a result of a need in the county of Surrey for a confidential Freephone help line for substance misusers and those with mild to moderate mental health problems, their families, friends and colleagues, aiming to make a difference to their lives. Trained volunteers respond to the distress caused by substance misuse or mental health on a high quality help line that is accessible, Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm, emphasising empowerment and self-help.
- To provide information about county and countrywide resources and support to persons and organisations helping people experiencing the effects of substance misuse.
- To promote mental health well being county-wide.
- To promote, liaise and exchange information with relevant agencies both within the Surrey area and outside.
- To raise public awareness of the continuing impact of substance misuse.
- To advance the education of the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol amongst those young students in full time education in Surrey and professional groups.
- Website: www.surreydrugandalcoholcare.org.co.uk
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account