Community Fundraising and Awareness Raising Volunteers
Role: Community Fundraising Volunteer
Where: In all communities surrounding Breast Cancer Haven, Wessex (Dorset, Hampshire, West Sussex, Isle of Wight).
Commitment: Flexible, we have a full and varied calendar of events! You can take part in one or more to suit your location, schedule and availability, or arrange your own fundraising or awareness-raising activities.
Why we are asking for your help:
One in eight women are at risk of developing breast cancer in their life-times. The number of diagnoses in the UK each year is around 50,000 so there are a lot of people who need our specialist help and support. Please help us to ensure that these people get the help they deserve to cope better with side-effects of breast cancer. As a Community Fundraising Volunteer you will support us with a range of fundraising activities and encourage support for Breast Cancer Haven within the local community.
What we will ask you to do:
- Help to promote Breast Cancer Haven and encourage support from your local community
- Support at various other fundraising and awareness raising events such as quizzes, tea parties, carol singing and so on
- Help us collect donations at train stations and shopping centres
- Help us cheer on participants in running and walking events (such as 10ks)
- Visit local businesses to pick up and drop off collection tins
- Follow Breast Cancer Haven’s policies and procedures at all times and participate in training when provided
What the role holder will need to bring to the role:
- A genuine interest in the work of Breast Cancer Haven
- Good team working skills, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Reliability and an honest approach
- Be aged 18 or over
What you will get in return:
This role will provide you with the opportunity to meet new people and share a common goal. You will receive regular support from the fundraising team at your local Breast Cancer Haven in Wessex and will be provided with guidance to help you in your role. You will be playing an important role in helping the work of Breast Cancer Haven Wessex and supporting people affected by breast cancer.