Guildford - Coffee Shop Supporter
This month on the 19th Sight for Surrey service users are being invited to go along for a coffee and a chat at Caffe Nero in North Street, Guildford, (2pm to 4pm).
Next month (May) the date will change to the 18th and will continue forward as the third Wednesday of the month. In June we hope to have more branches “coming on line” so that by the year we have a regular presence in ten venues across the county.
We are looking for volunteers to support service users to enjoy the facilities of coffee shops encouraging conversation and social interaction, and facilitating activities and discussions. They may be required to sighted guide people to the counter and/or toilets and assist with their orders.
If you or someone you know is interested in helping at any of the shops then please click on the 'Application Form' tab & complete the short application form.
Volunteers for this role will need to be:
- Able to get to venues independently to arrive a few mins before the given start time
- Available on either a regular or ad hoc basis
- Enthusiastic and outgoing
- Fun with a good sense of humour
- Friendly, helpful and understanding
- Good at communication and have good listening skills
Sight for Surrey will pay 40 pence a mile for the journeys to and from your home to the coffee shop and for car parking, for travel on public transport and for your first drink at the cafe.