Collection Box Coordinator
We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly volunteer to help us raise money and awareness for Marie Curie. Your role will be to place collection boxes in local businesses such as newsagents, chemists, pubs and doctors’ surgeries all within the local community. The more boxes you can place and collect the more money you will raise for Marie Curie. You will be a big part of making this happen by seeking out new premises, visiting where you have placed the collection boxes, collecting, recording, counting and banking donations and issuing thank you cards to the local business owners
Your role will include some of, but is not restricted to, the following tasks:
- Seek opportunities to place new collection tins/boxes in your local community
- Visit premises on a regular basis to service the collection tins/boxes
- Establish and build relationships with site contacts, ensuring that tins/boxes are well positioned and visible.
- Collect, count and bank donations
- Complete the records required regarding collection tin/box locations, dates placed/emptied and how much was raised.
- Distribute Thank You cards to your sites with amounts raised.
- Place Daffodil pin boxes at premises for the Great Daffodil Appeal in March
- From time to time ask premises to display posters to promote the charity’s events.
- Help with other related tasks when necessary.
What skills or experience do you need?
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Outgoing, proactive and self-motivated
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail, numeracy and accuracy
- Good organisational skills and ability to maintain records
- Commitment to help raise money in the community
- Basic IT skills are desirable
What we can offer you:
- An excellent opportunity to build on your skills within a large national charity
- An induction, training, support and supervision in your role
- Agreed reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
What we ask of you:
- To provide two references from non-family members and other relevant documents related to the role
- To keep to all the charity’s policies and guidelines
- To complete an induction and any training relate to the role.
If you are interested please get in touch with us by completing the short online application form.