The Hale Community Centre (formerly Sandy Hill Community Bungalow) is a community resource that provides a range of services, activities and meeting spaces for people of all ages. Our aim is to provide recreational, learning, business and social activities, which are accessible and affordable.
Role Description - Hon Treasurer
The Hon Treasurer will also be a Trustee of the organisation and therefore a member of the Board
Primary role: To monitor the financial position of the organisation, to produce quarterly management accounts for the board of trustees and to ensure financial data is available for the end of year report and accounts.
Establish financial infrastructure
- A sound financial framework is in place to enable full financial records to be kept of all transactions.
- Proper financial procedures are in place to safeguard the organisation’s money and resources
Accounting for the money spent
To ensure that money raised for charitable purposes is used only for those charitable purposes and that money raised from funders is used for the purposes given.
Financial planning and monitoring
- To advise the board on its financial duties and implications
- To advise the Board on the financial implications of strategic/operational decisions.
- In conjunction with relevant staff draw up of an annual budget which meets the organisation’s needs and reflects the strategic plan.
- To regularly monitor income and expenditure and to ensure readily accessible monthly financial information is available, with quarterly management reports for the trustee board.
- To establish a reserves policy with the Board.
- To recommend best investments for the organisation’s reserves.
- Maintain payroll for the organisation’s employees, pay salaries and send Tax and NI deductions to HMRC and Pension contributions to NEST.
Preparing for Independent Examination and AGM
- Financial Accounts are prepared at year-end and that arrangements are made for them to be independently examined in accordance with Charity Commission (CC) requirements.
- Financial accounts are submitted to the CC and Registrar of Companies.
- Year end accounts are available for the AGM.
Reports to funders
To support preparation of financial reports or accounts for submission to funders, where
To play a role in planning a fundraising strategy to raise money for future activities and developments.
Interested? Then complete the short online application form and we will provide you with more detailed information about this rewarding role.