Membership Officer - Guildford Environmental Forum
Salary: Voluntary (expenses paid)
Hours: approx. 2 hours per week
Guildford Environment Forum are a Surrey based charity with a 25 year long history. We work to make Guildford (and the world beyond) a more sustainable place by educating, informing, cutting energy use, reducing ecological footprints, helping wildlife and tackling climate change. We work on local government Climate Change committees, and run various hands-on projects that generate action on the environment within our local community. To find out more about our work to date, please visit www.gefweb.org.uk.
We are looking for a motivated volunteer, passionate about our natural environment, to contribute towards raising the profile of GEF’s work with the aim of growing our membership (200 currently).
Ideally, the candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Competence in Microsoft Word and, ideally, Microsoft Excel.
- Good verbal and e-mail communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships.
- Optional database skills as we are planning to upgrade the XL database to a standard membership software system.
As the post is voluntary the specific responsibilities within the role will be negotiable, but would ideally include:
- Welcoming and corresponding with new members
- Following up on past enquiries to join GEF, which have not resulted in the receipt of a new member application form and initial payment.
- Helping with Newsletter despatch quarterly.
- Attending quarterly meetings of the Exec Committee (optional) and taking minutes and circulating (optional).
- Helping with invitations and replies for the presentations being offered to all parish councils and residents associations in the Guildford Borough.
The ideal time commitment we are looking for would be 2 hours per week at whatever time suits the applicant. Specifics of the role will be negotiable, dependent on the applications received. All expenses will be covered.
If you are interested and able to volunteer for GEF in the above capacity then please do get in touch with Adrian Thompson by clickiing on the "fill in an application form" button.